Understanding the GE TPO turbine issue check
What is the purpose of the turbine issue check?
- TPO is a GE-specific feature in which the minimum pitch angle is adjusted twice a year to increase AEP.
- The purpose of TPO is to account for changes in density and stall as a function of temperature and wind characteristics.
- GE determines these settings through a series of experiments when the turbines are installed.
- The GE TPO turbine issue check is to see if the function is operating as designed for a given turbine.
What does this look like / How do you identify this issue?
- The following is what TPO looks like when operating as expected
- When TPO is not operating as expected, the minimum pitch behavior is inconsistent
- Common behaviors include the minimum pitch angle is never adjusted, or the adjustments occur more than twice a year.