Understanding the "Anomalous Farm Curtailment" check
What is the purpose of the failed anemometer turbine issue?
- The farm is being curtailed in such a way that indicates it may be unnecessary according to the needs of the grid.
Can you see this in 10-min data?
- With proper plotting of the expected curtailment or derated operation it is possible to identify unexpected curtailment beyond expected event-driven reductions in power.
What does this look like / How do you identify this issue?
- Derated time (blue) indicates the percentage of operation time when derating occurs for each day.
- Energy loss (red) indicates the percentage of energy loss if no derating occurs for each day (estimated using the corresponding wind speed and contract power curve). The red shaded area indicates the period marked by the issue.
How can you tell the issue is corrected?
- This issue is corrected when curtailment and derated operation is associated to events for the site.
- In this case, incorrect parameters had been applied to the site causing a 5% AEP impact to the farm while active (11 days)
- The cumulative losses for this event were $14,790 and future additional impacts were mitigated by correcting the parameters.